Adopt A Soldier
Consultative Insurance Group adopted six soldiers in 2019, and will continue our support in 2020.
We reached out to clients, family, and friends for soldiers overseas and domestic. Quarterly, we mail out packages and cards to them to encourage and let them know we care!
For letters to include within a care package or mailed separately, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Keep topics light.
- Share things about yourself, such as hobbies or interests.
- Write about your life, but keep it upbeat.
- Thank them for their service.
- If you have military connections, mention.
- Be positive.
- Stay away from political or polarizing topics.
- Hard candy
- Baby wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Powder Juice Packets
- Puzzle Books
- Magazines (any kind)
- Instant Coffee
- Flavored tuna packets or regular tuna
- Freeze dried camping meals
- The USPS boxes are free (no cost) when being used to send package to a soldier.
- Go online to www.usps.com and complete the 3 forms per box (includes customs) and print out label (no trips to the post office required if you already have the box!)
- It costs approximately $19 to ship one box overseas. Domestic may be more.
- All items in the box must be listed.
- There is no additional cost to mail a letter overseas.
- Team up with a buddy and send boxes or team up with your local Consultative Insurance Group office!
Our next shipment will be in March, May, July and November.
Date and Time
January 3, 2020 - November 16, 2020
9:00a - 5:00p EST
All Office Locations