In addition to providing personal and commercial insurance and investment services, utilizing a consultative process to ensure our clients get the maximum protection available for their insurance dollar, we also support our local K9 dogs by donating a bullet and stab protection vest!
Giving Back To Our Community
- 2015 - K9 Rico - Cleveland MetroParks/Ranger Barr (retired)
- 2015 - K9 Gunnar - Stark County/Officer Crock
- 2016 - K9 Chase - Cleveland MetroParks/Ranger Collins
- 2017 - K9 Tyson - Cleveland MetroParks/Ranger Poole (retired)
- 2018 - K9 Creed - Cleveland MetroParks/Ranger McLellon
- 2019 - K9 Jaq - Warrenville Heights/Patrolman Ward
In anticipation of Olmsted Falls Police Department's K9 Gauge's upcoming mission to protect the city, several local merchants got together and sponsored a community fundraiser called "Pup Rally" this past July. They were able to raise more than $9,000 for the K9 unit!
In the annual Heritage Days Parade, Officer Daugherty, K9 Gauge, and Tom Schmidt, owner and trainer of B.A.R.K. (Buckeye Area Regional K9s), rode on the back of our truck as we honored K9s we had previously vested, and to bring recognition to our hometown heroes: Law enforcement, K9s and the amazing training they receive.
Did You Know?
- A K9 must be 20 months old to be eligible for a bullet and stab protection vest through Vested Interest in K9s, Inc.
- An average vest costs $975.00.
- Most K9's will need two vests in their lifetime.
- Each K9's vest is custom-fitted.
- Bullet and stab protection vests are guaranteed for five years.
- Many law enforcement departments do not have additional funds to provide bullet and stab protection to their K9 officers and rely on your help! Their policies prohibit them from fundraising on their own.
Every Dollar Matters!
Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. is a 501c(3) non-profit whose mission is to provide bullet and stab protection vests and other assistance to dogs of Law Enforcement and related agencies throughout the country. We share a love for dogs and a soft spot for protecting K9s! Vested Interest in K9s is who our agency has chosen to partner with in since 2015, and will continue to do so!
There are many ways you can help!
- You do not have to sponsor a specific K9, but can provide a donation! Any donation amount is appreciated and the money received will go to the next K9 in queue.
- For a donation of $975 (online donation), you or your organization can sponsor a vest for a local K9 in need. If you have a specific K9 in mind, please call Vested Interest in K9s to aid in logistics.
- Host a community fundraiser, and donate funds raised to Vested Interest in K9s!
Sunday, August 25th - Dog Paddle and Pet-A-Palooza - 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. - Location: Cleveland Metroparks Ledge Pool, 1151 Ledge Rd, (between State and Kellogg roads), Hinckley Reservation in Hinckley Township.
12:00 P.M. - Come support K9 Creed and continue supporting the vesting of K9's by purchasing your very own K9 Creed auto-pawgraphed 2020 Wall Calendar!
Our K9 officers need help in getting the protection they deserve. They are out everyday, doing what they are trained to do -- protecting their community, you and me. Become a hero and do what you can to help them continue their hard work!