As an employee, being employed with a company who offers health benefits, can be a great advantage to you and your family!
Some of the advantages:
- By offering Group Health Benefits, an employer may attract a higher caliber of talent potential employee.
- Best benefits at best possible cost.
- Pretax benefits and flexibility of additional benefits like disability and extra life insurance.
- It can offer solutions for the employee and their family, where there may not be an option individually.
- It can be less costly.
- Availability of insurance may vary depending on product.
- With group health plans, you and your family may be covered 100% by your employer or you may pay an apportionment of the cost.
- Human Resources or the employer has searched the health market for the best coverage/best available pricing.
Here are some of the most common available options:
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
Most of these plans may be able to extend some coverage to family, but not all. Check with your health administrative person in the company you work with to learn more specifics.
For the employer/company, to be eligible to participate in a Group Health plan, usually a minimum of 2 full time participating employees are required. However, as the number of employees increases, so does the eligibility and/or participation.
It is helpful to work with an insurance professional when trying to determine what is best for your budget, your business, and your employees. There is no simple answer for every company! Each company offers a unique opportunity to assist with the best health insurance plan for their employees. Contact an insurance broker to help you sort out a plan for your business.
Having an expert really helps! If you would like to speak with a Group Benefits expert, give us a call: 800-886-0305 – we are here to help!