As the temperature gets warmer, and the sun shines brighter, comes the itch to spring clean your house. Out with the old winter funk and in with the new warm scents of spring!
Enjoy our 5 tips to spring clean your house.
1) Open the windows. Time to let a new scent of spring enter your space. Enjoyable temperatures start upper 50's to lower 70's (minus the humidity if you live in the Southern areas). Open windows which allow a cross wind to enter and exit, taking the winter funk gremlins with it when it leaves!
2) Change the batteries on smoke detectors. One of the top most annoying sounds occurs when the smoke detector batteries start to decline. It's usually at night, and is quite persistent in its warning. If one needs to be changed, there is a good chance the others need to as well. A good time to remember to change them is when the time changes.
3) Dust ceiling fans, lamp shades, light fixtures, base board molding and corners. Sometimes these places get overlooked until an eight-legged friend has claimed home or a massive amount of dust can be easily seen from the sofa. These places do require a bit more work to access these locations, but are well worth the effort. The results speak for themselves.
4) Give your dryer a break. Invest in a clothing drying rack, and instead of moving clothing directly to the dryer, hang them on a drying rack instead or a clothes line. It may take a little longer to dry, but by giving the dryer a break, actually saves money! Give it a try and monitor your electric bill to see the difference! Plus your clothes will smell fresher!
5) Clean out the refrigerator. Remove all the outdated items, and reorganize the shelves. Wipe down the inside with a solution of 2 TBSP baking soda and 1 quart hot water. Rinse with a slightly damp cloth, and the dry with a towel. There is no need to unplug the appliance while cleaning the inside.