Summer is finally here and with it comes the decision of destination. Will you choose to stay-cation at home, climb mountains or settle down basking in the warm sunshine of the beach.
Do You Identify As A Beach Person?
Here are a few characteristic traits:
What Activities Soothe Your Soul?
If you have identified with a few of them, let's take it to the next step. What activities do you gravitate to?
- Spend time with family.
- Sounds of the beach; waves crashing.
- Enjoying smelling the various odors - even suntan lotion.
- Watching sunsets.
- Visiting new restaurants.
- Tasting new juices.
- Enjoying the many seafood options
Ready For A Commitment
Now that you have found you are 80 to 100% a beach person, have you dreamed of buying an investment property or even finding a bit of real estate and settling down in your very own coastal bungalow or skyrise condo?
Consider a few insurance terms you should become familiar with:
- Coastal. Land relating to, bordering on, or located near water; particularly tidal areas.
- Flood Insurance. While this is not included automatically in a homeowner policy, one can include this protection on a separate policy even if the home is not in a flood zone. If the house is in a flood zone and is being financed, the mortgage company can require you to carry this protection. Keep in mind it takes 30 days for the policy to become active; and once a storm is named, you will need to wait until the storm passes.
- Earthquake Insurance. Depending on fault lines in your state, you may want to consider including adding to your home policy.
- Wind and Hail Insurance. This insurance provides protection against hurricanes, tornados, and other high winds and hail.
- Consultative Insurance Group. We want to be your coastal insurance agent. We understand coastal needs and will help you make your insurance dreams of becoming a full-time or part-time beach person easier!